Monday, March 30, 2009

Old Folks Catchup

Cloudy with real light snow flurries this afternoon that I didn't know was in the forecast but hadn't been paying any attention to the computer or TV weather outlook.
The guy, Jim King, that we hired to put in an escape window in the basement was just here with material and is to come tomorrow to put it in. He said I could dig the hole this afternoon. Ho! Ho! I probably do need the exercise but might be a bit much.
A Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman was just here and put a new belt on and turned the brush rotor so it was down lower that Lois didn't know could be done on hers and did not charge to do it and then she wouldn't let him demonstrate a new one or wouldn't let him shampoo any carpet. See how us old folks have to save when we know how to say no.
I told you wrong about our coming appointments over the phone last night ,Joann. We go to Garden City tomorrow to have Eric Fry check to see if our sagging eyelids are bad enough to get insurance to pay for fixing them. Next Monday, April 6 is when we go to Scott City to have the cardiovascular checkups. April 10 is when I go for preop lab and heart tests for the April 20 surgery possibility on my bad ankle. We will see what each thing brings up.
We hope something brings us some good gentle moisture as the blowing snow didn't do much except in a pile somewhere.
If anybody gets tired reading this palaver just hit the moveon key and find something else.
Our Love to all of you from Earl and Lois.

4 comments:

Larry said...

It snowed and blew today here, too. I went into Albuquerque for a bone density test. I had snow until San Ysidro, but the roads weren't icy. I took Jersey back home, as Ronney and Karen and kids got home yesterday. I think she was glad to be home. There were some tense times between her and Sophiah (Galena's cat).

Do you remember if the Model T windshield opened with the bottom to the front or back?

I hope all your medical reports come out good.

Earl and Lois said...

I think the top half of the windshield had the bottom of it going to the front and when it was closed it would rest against the rubber between the halves. Hope I am steering you right.
Also hope your tests turn out good. Hey, Galena, you shouldn't have a testy cat or maybe Jersey is a testy dog. Us humans are never that way, are we? Ha!Ha! Good to hear from you two.
Love from Dad.

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Oh Grandpa, I never want to hit the move on key! Mom was telling me about your ankle surgery and I probably got it all mixed up trying to tell Jerry about it. You'll have to give us the details again. Jerry's dad had his eyelids lifted and looked like he'd lost a bad fight for a few days. Hope this week brings you some rain; sounds like it should here anyway!

Love, Jennifer

Larry said...

Thanks. That's the way I thought it was. The only difference is the way the rubber strip is installed. Today's job is to get the hood shelves and latches on so I can see if I can get the hood to line up right.

Love, Larry