Thursday, April 30, 2009

Earl's ankle surgery report

Ten days after ankle surgery the doctor check up turned out good. They took off the mamoth cast and cotton wrapping and took out about half of the stitch clamps and took three X-Rays and the doctor was very pleased with that much but there was some oozing of blood in some places that he did't care for so said to come back next Thursday to take out the rest of the stitches. We are to clean wash it once a day and gauze wrap it. I can put no more than 10% of my body weight on it but that is really a big help over not to put any weight on it.
Therapy tells me to wear support hose and a boot type soft cast on it for 24 hours and I was hoping for more freedom at night. I do get to do my therapy at Leoti 3 times a week for 4 weeks. The therapy people here at Leoti know me very well from my past go-arounds. The head guy is restoring an old Ford pickup and usually had a question for me that I hardly ever had an answer for but was interesting to visit about.
I go to Goodland tomorrow for ear wax removal and hope that turns out good. I was there about a month ago and he removed a small cyst from deep in my right ear.
When he sucked out the wax with a machine Im sure that if I would have had any brains they would have came out also. You guys can sure think something is wrong with my thinking now.

6 comments:

Earl and Lois said...

I did not proof read my blog. It was supposed to say the doctor did not care for the oozing places. I meant to say I wear the boot cast for 24 hours a day for a long time depending on healing pocess.
There is the lack of brains showing up.
Dad

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Maybe if you tell the doctor about your concerns, he will "tone down" the suction! You don't want to lose too many brain cells at one time! Ha. :)

Larry said...

It sounds like your ankle is progressing nicely. I'm glad you get to put a little weight on it now.

I went for my annual physical today, and it appears I'm good for another year. The battery died in my Super Duty today, so I'll have to get a new one tomorrow. The Model T's coming along. I've nearly completed the wood for the top, and am working on cleaning up the metal parts for the bed.

I'm hoping to update the blog tomorrow.

Larry

Joann said...

Thanks for the update, Daddy! I let the evening slip away from me and didn't get you and Lois called. We were working outside -- playing catch-up after the rain. It's going to take some time to get caught up though. So glad to hear the positive report!

Joann said...

Good grief! I just looked at the time listed with my post and it says 8:21 p.m. but it's 10:21 p.m.! Must be set for Pacific Time or something. Anyway, we don't really go to bed that early around here!! Love you!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

So glad to hear you're doing well! I bet it's a relief to put your foot back on the ground, even if it's only 10% of your weight. Love you!

Jennifer